When it comes to planning a wedding, there’s obviously a lot to consider. From the wedding party and the venue down to the centrepieces and shoes, there are a lot of decisions to be made — both big and small. While some tasks seem dull, the task of choosing your first dance song seems easy, but it’s really important.
The first dance is often the first song decision many couples make, because it’s the main focus of the reception, with the newlyweds dancing for the first time with all eyes on them. We’re far too familiar with the wedding songs that have been overdone. If you’re on the hunt for the perfect tune for the first dance, we’re here to help with the best first dance songs that are out-of-the-box.
So enjoy our favourite romantic tunes, they’re the perfect songs to remind you just how much you and your fiance love each other, this also happens to be the perfect excuse for a little date night. Load up our Spotify playlist, uncork a special bottle, and spend an evening with your fiancé to find a song as perfect and unique as your love story.
Here are our top 15 first dance songs that aren’t overplayed:
15. Everything by Michael Bublé
14. XO by Beyoncé
13. Unconditionally by Katy Perry
12. Primetime by Janelle Monáe ft. Miguel
11. Telling the world by Taio Cruz
10. Flashlight by Jesse J
09. Make you feel my love by Adele
08. If I ain’t got you by Alicia Keys
07. I won’t give up by Jason Mraz
06. Like I’m gonna lose you by Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend
05. Unforgettable by Nat King Cole
04. Nirvana by Sam Smith
03. Imagine by Nico & Vinz
02. Show you off by Wurld ft. Walshy Fire & Shizzi
01. Someone like you by Voctave ft. Jody McBrayer