As the name suggests, detox water is water that you drink to help detox your body. This can be great for a multitude of things, including flushing out fat and helping to get over the common cold.
There is no one perfect way to make a detox water. In fact, you can find tons of awesome recipes out there. Whatever reason you’re wanting to start implementing detox water for, you’ll start to feel better almost right away as it whisks away impurities and toxins in your body, and helps to break up harmful fats!
So grab a jug and try out our detox water recipes.
NO. 1: SLIM DOWN DETOX WATER
This cucumber detox water is an ideal starting point for all dieters. The diuretic properties guarantee that all moisture will be rapidly flushed from the system.
- ½ gallon spring water
- ½ grapefruit, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 2-3 mint leaves
- ½ lemon, sliced
- ½ lime, sliced
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher.
- Allow the ingredients to chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. Drink throughout the day or discard after 24 hours.
NO. 2: LEMON AND MINT DETOX WATER
For those that love sugary drinks, this tasty blend can permanently replace sodas and fruit juices.
- 6 cups water
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- sprigs of mint
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and put in the fridge for two hours to allow the water to infuse.
- You can also squeeze in the juice of one lemon to intensify flavor a bit.
- Serve cold.
NO. 3: WATERMELON DETOX WATER
There are plenty of antioxidants stored within the juicy melons, and its nutrient contents are through the roof.
– 2 cups Seedless Watermelon, cubed
– 4 cups Water
1. Place watermelon in a pitcher and cover with water.
2. Let it sit a few hours in the refrigerator before drinking – so the water gets all the nice watermelon flavor.
NO. 4: PINEAPPLE SUGARCANE SPA WATER
The recipe is astonishingly simple, but it yields an incredible source of hydration.
- 2 liters purified water
- 2 sticks sugar cane
- 4-5 large chunks fresh pineapple
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher. Stir.
- The longer the water sits, the more the pineapple and sugarcane flavors will infused into it.
NO. 5: RASPBERRY MINT DETOX
While the raspberry kicks out unwanted agents in the body, the mint cleanses and clears the stomach, making weight loss easy and painless.
- 2 litres cold spring water, or filtered tap water
- 2 Tablespoons raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime
- To get more flavour and juice out of your lime, microwave for 30 seconds. When cool, slice
- Place raspberries, mint, lime and water in a large jug. Stir and serve!