The importance of water cannot be emphasised; it helps boost metabolism, it is the most natural treatment for headaches, it serves as a detoxifier, it promotes healthy skin among its various diverse uses.
Getting dehydrated is a common feeling, seeing as the body functions primarily with water; you also lose water by passing out waste such as sweat, urine, saliva, tears and so much more.
You need to increase your water intake if you experience the following;
• Dark Yellow Pee: The darker your urine is, the more concentrated it is. The urine should be pale yellow, as it has some yellow pigments in it. You should drink some more water if it is dark.
• Thirst: This is the most common symptom for dehydration, it is an almost immediate sign, this is when you have a dry sensation in your mouth and throat and a desire to ingest liquid.
• A headache: The brain sometimes contracts when there is a lack of fluid in the system. Headaches caused by dehydration can either be mild or severe.
• Muscle Cramps: The muscle cells need water to function and if you have little or no water in the system, it could lead to muscle cramps.
• Dry Skin: Drinking enough water leads to healthy and shiny skin, lack of water can cause the skin to look dull and sickly.
• Dizziness: Being dehydrated can cause the blood pressure to drop and also reduce the amount of oxygen for your brain which leads to dizziness.
It is advised to have an intake of at least 8 glasses (2 litres) of water in a day to function properly due to the body’s dependency on it.